Wahhabis: Cunning Or Incompetent?; Shia Killers Of Hussain - Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi
- Historically the day when Umar ibn Sa'd was killed by Mukhtars forces
- Came as good news to the 4th Imam. His happiness is the happiness of Husayn, Hasan, Ali and Fatima, and hence, Eid-e-Zehra
- Some Sunni scholars argue that Shias killed Hussain, therefore we cry out of guilt
- Other Sunni scholars argue that Shias called Husayn to Kufa, therefore they were responsible
- An old propoganda tactic used by Banu Umayyah and their followers to deflect blame
- Comparing who agrees with Hussains mission and who disagrees with it
- Comparing who agrees with Yazid and who disagrees with him
- Comparing who approves the actual murderers of Hussain and who disapproves of them
"This is the day when Mukhtars forces killed Umar ibn Sa'd. This was a moment of happiness for Imam Zain-ul Abideen. His happiness is also the happiness of Husayn. And his happiness is the happiness of Hasan. And his happiness is that of Fatima. And so to call it Eid-e-Zehra is appropriate."
"This process of mutual understanding and peaceful coexistence between Shias and Sunnis doesn't mean forgetting our history. The whole point of that discussion is the language used in describing the differnces. Do not be abusive. Be clear and factual."
"[Apparently] The Shias are the ones who killed Hussain, therefore they cry out of guilt."
"Even if you look at the poetry of both sides on the day of Ashura, you will be able to see the affiliation of the murderers on one side, and the Ansar on the other side."
"When people like Zakir Naik say these things, it's nothing new. They're repeating what their masters have told them from Saudi Arabia."
"When you move away from the Ahlul Bayt, this is what happens to your Aql."
"We consider Yazid and his family, according to the Qur'an, to be part of the Shajara Khabisa in Qur'an. And the Sunnis, (Hanafi, Shafi'i, Hanbali) also dislike Yazid. But then we have the Wahhabis who consider him to be a legitimate Caliph."
"Yes we want unity, but not at the expense of historical facts and reality."
Recited By: Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi
Date: January 10th, 2014